April 7, 2014 by Tom Spilman in News, Releases
This is the long awaited release of MonoGame 3.2 with over a year of fixes, features, and improvements across 1,600 commits. This release only has an installer for Windows as we are currently reworking our Mac and Linux release packaging.
The notable changes in this release:
- Implemented missing PackedVector types.
- VS2013 support for MonoGame templates.
- Big improvement to XInput performance on Windows/Windows8.
- Added GameWindow.TextInput event enhancement.
- Added Xamarin.Mac compatability.
- Support for WPF interop under DirectX.
- Enhancement to support multiple GameWindows on Windows under DirectX.
- Various SpriteFont compatibility improvements.
- OpenAL performance/memory/error handling improvements.
- Reduction of Effect runtime memory usage.
- Support for DXT/S3TC textures on Android.
- Touch support on Windows desktop games.
- Added new RenderTarget3D enhancement.
- OUYA gamepad improvements.
- Internal improvements to reduce garbage generation.
- Various windowing fixes for OpenTK on Linux, Mac, and Windows.
- Automatic support for content reloading on resume for Android.
- Support for TextureCube, Texture3D, and RenderTargetCube on DirectX.
- Added TitleContainer.SupportRetina enhancement for loading @2x content.
- Lots of Android/Kindle compatibility fixes.
- Added enhancement GameWindow.IsBorderless.
- OpenGL now supports multiple render targets.
- Game.IsRunningSlowly working accurately to XNA.
- Game tick resolution improvements.
- XACT compatibility improvements.
- Various fixes and improvements to math types.
- DrawUserIndexedPrimitives now works with 32bit indicies.
- GamerServices fixes under iOS.
- Various MonoGame FX improvements and fixes.
- Render target fixes for Windows Phone.
- MediaPlayer/MediaQueue/Song fixes on Windows Phone.
- XNA accuracy fixes to TitleContainer.
- Fixes to SpriteBatch performance and compatibility with XNA.
- Threading fixes around SoundEffectInstance.
- Support for Song.Duration.
- Fixed disposal of OpenGL shader program cache.
- Improved support of PoT textures in OpenGL.
- Implemented missing EffectParameter SetValue/GetValue calls.
- Touch fixes to Windows Phone.
- Fixes to orientation support in iOS.
- Lots of PSM fixes which make it usable for 2D games.
- New Windows desktop platform using DirectX/XAudio.
- Old Windows project renamed WindowsGL.
- Fixed offsetInBytes parameter in IndexBuffer/VertexBuffer SetData.
- Fixed subpixel offset when viewport is changed in OpenGL.
- Tons of content pipeline improvements making it close to complete.
Thanks for supporting MonoGame!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.